Calling all photographers, art creators, sculptors and Joburg lovers! Help Creative Feel magazine #CoverJoburgCreatively
This November, we are celebrating everything that we love about Joburg and are putting out a call: What is “Joburg” to you? How would you visually represent this iconic city? Is there a particular building or area or activity that you feel reflects this unique and vibrant place?
Well, now’s your chance to let us know. Entries are now open to have your photograph/artwork/visual representation featured on our November cover! In addition to having your work featured on the cover, inside the magazine and on our online platforms, there is a cash prize of R1 000 and special Joburg vouchers up for grabs. (Full prize details to be announced, so watch this space!)
How does it work?
- You have until Friday 5 October at 16:00 to fill out this simple Google form OR
- Upload all files including photograph, artwork or other visual and document into this Dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/request/SLS4cZeORzva0WmU3D8O. Please include a brief bio, your contact details, and a statement about the work (e.g. why did you choose this particular place/person/thing? What does Joburg mean to you?) and make sure that all file names contain your full name.
- Images need to be at least 34(h) x 26(w)cms at 300dpi. If you’re not sure what we mean by this, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see how we can help. Images can be slightly wider or longer than specified, it will just mean that we will have to crop some of the image.
- Make sure that you like and follow Creative Feel on all of our social media platforms: Instagram: @creative_feel | Facebook: @CreativeFeel | Twitter: @CreativeFeel
- We will only accept original works that you hold copyright for.
- You can enter as many times as you want.
- We will choose our top 5 works and feature those in the magazine alongside bios and artist statements. The winning work will appear on our cover and the artist/photographer will receive a R1000 cash prize and additional vouchers.
- We will feature other deserving entrants or artworks on our digital and social media platforms following the competition.
Looking for some inspiration?
Here are a few of our recent covers:
By entering, you acknowledge that:
- You are the copyright holder of the artwork/photograph/visual representation and that you give us permission to use it on the November 2018 cover of Creative Feel and in an editorial article within.
- Images that are low-res or that cannot be used according to our dimensions will be immediately disqualified and Creative Feel is not obligated to let you know or to contact you to try to obtain the work in hi-res.
- There will be no payment for usage of your images/artwork aside from prize money awarded.
- It is up to Creative Feel to decide which artwork is the winner and all decisions are final.
- You give Creative Feel permission to use the image as they see fit, i.e. crop/enlarge if necessary, and place a masthead and triggers over.
- Creative Feel is not responsible for checking ownership, copyright infringement, etc. and should it be found out that the work does not belong to you or has been plagiarised, your prize will be forfeited and you will be held legally liable.
- Submitting an artwork/photograph does not guarantee that it will be used in the magazine in any way, and this is up to Creative Feel to decide.
- This is not a competition for the best artist, but is rather a competition to find a visual that best represents Joburg, in Creative Feel’s opinion.