The SAMRO Foundation invites applications for bursaries for music studies. The SAMRO Foundation accepts applications from full-time students registered at a South African University. The bursaries are available to citizens of South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho or Swaziland who are registered for a degree or diploma majoring in music and are in their 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, or Honours, Masters or doctoral degrees.
Regrettably the SAMRO Foundation is not presently in a position to award bursaries to:
- students from private higher education institutions;
- university students in their 1st year of study;
- students in foundation or bridging programmes.
Each bursary is worth R10 000. The closing date for submission of online applications is 31 March 2016.
The Application Form
Before applicants start to fill in the form they should source following digital documents that will need to be uploaded before submitting the application:
- Copy of ID Document
- Proof of 2016 registration
- 2015 Examination results or most recent academic record (university transcript)
- 2 Letters of reference (not older than 3 months)
- For Masters and Doctoral applicants – a 5 to 8 page synopsis of your thesis or dissertation.
SAMRO Foundation requests that all communications including reference letters be provided in English. Please only submit what has been requested. Additional material will be discarded.
Applications will not be considered if-
- any section of the form is incomplete
- supporting documents are missing
- more than one proposal is submitted per student
- the application is submitted after the deadline of 31 March 2016
Terms and conditions
- The decisions of the independent adjudication panel will be final, subject only to confirmation by SAMRO Foundation’s Board
- Awarded bursaries will be communicated to the relevant Heads of Department and paid directly to the relevant universities for the relevant year.
- Bursaries are restricted to the degrees/diplomas stated in the applications and may not be transferred to other degrees/diplomas
- Bursary awards are for payment of tuition fees only
- Bursaries may only be used in the academic year in which they are awarded