Open call for Youth Artists Leadership programme applications
Once again the internationally acclaimed Forgotten Angle Theatre Collaborative (FATC) @ Ebhudlweni Arts Center in Mpumalanga invites inspired & talented individuals within the arts sector across the country to apply!
The programme offers 4 fully sponsored positions in a yearlong development programme to young people. To get into this prestigious annual Youth Artists Leadership Programme funded by Rand Merchant Bank, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
- They must be between the ages of 18 to 30 years old
- Be in a leadership position within a rurally based community arts organisation anywhere in South Africa or are in the process of establishing their own rural arts programmes.
- They must have completed their schooling (no longer attending school).
- They must be actively engaged in Arts and Culture programmes in their communities.
- They must be dedicated to growing and developing their existing activities to further serve and uplift rural communities.
About Youth Artist leadership programme
This is a programme based on Leadership in the Arts with strong focus on empowering youth in under-resourced areas with the knowledge and skill with themes which will touch on contextualization of Leadership in the creative and cultural industries, understanding the entrepreneurship & the business of the arts, compliance and governance in arts organizations and most importantly how to create and overcome challenges in under-resourced areas.
The project runs for 1 year and is made up of 3 thematically focused modules, each framed by delivery on tasks, rigorous assessments and on going monitoring and evaluation and mentorship.
Application process and deadlines
To apply, Applicants must submit their applications to PJ Sabbagha at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm on Monday 16th May 2016.
All applicants must submit the following documentation via email clearly marked as “Application for FATC 2016 AYLP”
- Personal Details and Contact details
- A Full CV
- A description of the project you lead or are starting.
- If you are in a leadership position of an existing organisation, please include a letter from the organisation approving your application.
- A motivation letter
- At least 1 reference letter
The 4 successful applicants will be notified by close of business on Friday 20th May 2016.